"Deja Vu All Over Again"
- Leo's back, bitches! We get some more info about whitelighters--e.g., used to be human and can be killed. Leo was a medic in WW2! There's lots of sweetness with Piper freaking out about Leo's injury, and doing some power-switching to try and save him. She does, but not before . . .
- A sweaty, shirtless, deathbed scene! As my post on the Buffy season 2 finale attests, I am a fan of the genre. And "Love Hurts" takes "Graduation Day" and raises it an actual death. Leo is gone for a good long while before Piper figures out how to activate the power she's borrowing to heal him. And I feel this point would be best accompanied by dueling shirtless deathbed scenes:
|Pro: power of love brings him back to life; con: "love" doesn't involve sexy time bloodsucking|Pro: more chest exposure; con: declared love to wrong girl in feverish haze
- Darklighters. What can I say? I like the bad boys. And I especially like the bad boys who tie themselves in knots when they fall in love with good girls. And that's just what we get with Alec in "Love Hurts." I would totally watch a show about him and his doomed and obsessive love for Daisy.
- A cameo by David Carradine! The finale features (Kill) Bill himself as a timelord named Tempus. He devours the scenery. I hope he's not really dead.
|Though this was a pretty cheesy move. Use your arm to block her and NEVER point your toe.|
- And finally, DING DONG ANDY TRUDEAU IS DEAD. Now on to better boys for Prue! Might I suggest a Darklighter?
Season 2! Let's hope the Charmed Ones are gifted with longer shirts and less clunky shoes.