- Lots and lots of songs. Seriously.
- Mercedes opens the episode with "All I Want for Christmas is you" with the rest of the cast while they decorate the music room tree.
- The Irish kid is sad because he wont see his family for Christmas so he sings a lovely Blue Christmas but it depresses everyone. I don't care because I seriously love that kid's voice.
- The story is: The local access channel can't afford to run the yule log this year (this bums out Puck and I love him for it) so instead they're going to hire the kids from McKinley to do a Christmas special. Mr. Schue wants Artie to direct it because Schue is busy directing the entire episode. Unfortunately this special coincides with the one night Sue a) wants to do something nice and b) include the Glee kids in the act of niceness. She's pretty disappointed in them and so are Quinn and Sam who forgo the special to feed the homeless with Sue.
- Artie agrees to direct the special but only if he can a) pay homage to the Star Wars Holiday Special (Chewie told him to do this in a dream) and b) film it in black and white.
- Rachel auditions for Artie's special with Joni Mitchell's "River." It's also not a cheerful song and doesn't fit with Artie's vision of a happy-go-lucky special.
- Blaine and Rachel sing a Glee original, "Extraordinary Merry Christmas." Hey! That's the title of the episode. Neat.
- The special begins in true Star Wars fashion, "A long time ago in a chalet far, far away..."
- Kurt and Blaine welcome the viewer to their chalet with "Let it Snow" and it's cute but I wish they were stronger dancers.
- Brittany and Santana show up with Mike, Tina and the Cheerios and sing one of my faves, The Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping."
- The Irish kid is dressed as "Itchy the Holiday Elf" and instead of reading Frosty the Snowman's story reads the more controversial one from the Bible. This reminds them of being kind to others during the holidays I guess because they show up at the shelter armed with food and a song, "Do They Know It's Christmas." This even gets Sue to smile.
Didja watch New Girl "The 23rd?" If you had you woulda seen:
- pre-Christmas kookiness.
- They're at Schmidt's Office Christmas party where Schmidt, since he's the only guy, has to dress up like Santa, er Sexy Santa. Nick mistakenly thinks Jess has talked to Paul about slowing things down but of course she hadn't. Poor Nick gets locked outside with them while they have their DTR and is terribly uncomfortable for him. They break up because Paul doesn't want to slow down.
Didja watch Raising Hope "It's a Hopeful Life?" If you had you woulda seen:
- Jimmy gets to see what life would have been like if Hope hadn't been born. This was brought on by the movie about them and how stupid and white trashy they are.
|I know it's dangerous but Christmas lights around the tub looks so pretty!|
- Burt and Virginia are separated but since Burt can't afford to move out they have a shower curtain hung over the bed. Virginia is tipping the scales at well over 300lbs and Burt's trying (unsuccessfully) date.
- The grocery store is turned into a slutty liquor store and Sabrina has big, fake boobs.
- Oh and Maw Maw is dead.
- Jimmy wakes up and is happy to see all is right with the world but is sad that Sabrina's fake boobs are gone.
|"Did you steal that tree from Charlie Brown?"|