Didja watch Suburgatory "The Nutcracker?" If you had you woulda seen:
- He dumps his (crazy and emotionally unstable) city girlfriend, Zoe, by putting the blame on Tessa even though it's not at all accurate. Tessa overhears this and, not understanding that adults lie/weasel out of things by putting blame on their kids, thinks that she's at fault and needs to get them back together.
- George milks his fake post-breakup depression by watching lots of Cooking Channel and taking a wreath-making class. Turns out he's hot for the wreath-making teacher. He creates a party just to have something to invite her to.
- Tessa decides to invite crazy Zoe to the Christmas party too. Hilarity will ensue. Probably.
Didja watch Modern Family "Express Christmas?" If you had you woulda seen:
- Christmas in a day!
- I would really like to read Nana's newsletter. I hate those things by the way, but hers sounds like a hoot. She's dating a cruise ship captain. She rescued a bird, which then died. She even wrote a poem about it. Plus she sued her bookclub! Awesome. I hope they have Shelly Long back soon. She needs to work more.
- Everyone is going to be somewhere else on Christmas so they decide to do
everything from decorating (Gloria and Luke), to gift shopping (Claire
and Haley), gift wrapping (Cam and Jay), tree buying (Mitchell and Alex)
and grocery shopping (Phil and Manny). I love seeing these pairs
because they're not often together.
- Mitchell and Alex buy a tree and end up going off on the tree guy. They offer to tie the tree to the car themselves and it ends up in the street (where Gloria runs it over).
- Haley and Claire are at Target and Claire urges Haley to use her shopping gift. It works pretty well and Haley even goes so far as to wear a Target team member shirt in order to steal a toy from a guy. Good for her.
- Phil wants to get Jay the perfect gift (a Joe DiMaggio baseball card) but Manny misunderstands a butterball reference and manages to use Gloria's stun gun on Phil. It's pretty funny. Phil crushes the crap out of the card and has to give up the turkey he just bought.
Didja watch Happy Endings "Grinches Be Crazy?" If you had you woulda seen: