Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 Romantic Movie Moments That Will Make You Want to Cut Your Heart Out This V-Day

"Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!" 
Moonstruck



 
Oh, it hurts so good. Here are some of my favorite romantic scenes from some of my favorite movies, just to prove I'm not completely dead inside.




Strictly Ballroom
I blame my crush on Derek Hough on this movie. This gorgeous, perfectly scored, sequence makes me want to have regular access to a rooftop with a huge Coke billboard.





Heathers
Some might not call this a romantic movie. Some are more emotionally healthy than I. J.D. was my first movie crush, and I still carry a healthy flame for Christian Slater.




 The Notebook
I'm powerless in the face of Gosling in the rain.






Before Sunset
It's a long clip, but worth it. You're lucky I didn't post the entirety of the film, along with its "prequel," Before Sunrise.






The English Patient
It's all about when he reaches up and begins to stroke her hair.
 



Say Anything
Of course.





 The Princess Bride
"This is true love. Do you think this sort of thing happens every day?"





The Last of the Mohicans
For my money, DDL has never looked better. This is the only time I will ever say this, but don't read the book. Just watch this movie.




Pride and Prejudice
My favorite love story of all time, in any media.


 

 The Sorcerer's Apprentice
If you've made it all the way to the end, a bonus clip: this is the first date my geek heart most deeply desires.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment