Monday, February 20, 2012

This Means War

This Means War
Director: McG
Stars: Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Effing Hardy

This Means War has a 24% on Rotten Tomatoes.  I think this is one of those situations where the critics are just being cranky.  They weren't hugged enough as children and it comes out when they watch a fun and entertaining movie with engaging stars.  I'll admit that my enjoyment of the movie was situational.  I was with my GNO (Girls' Night Out) friends and had a really fun time.  We laughed the whole way through, the action was fun and the acting was good.  The story was slim (and at times surpassed Twilight-level creepy) but it kinda worked.  

I'm not going to get too deep into the merits of the film.  I will say that Reese is one of the few actresses that I enjoy ALL THE TIME.  No matter what I'll go see whatever movie she's in.  Plus I get a kick out of Chris Pine and think Tom Hardy is one of the sexiest dudes to come along in a long time.  Seriously.  The guy...he's just...I mean...wow.  I'm sure someone somewhere disagrees with me but they would be wrong.
I did have issues with the movie and one big one was the end of the film.  There's no way it would all go down that way and I don't mean the spy stuff (though that was a stretch too).  But it's all easily explained and I guess makes sense. Plus it's an ending that most women want to believe would/could happen but I won't get into it because it would spoil the movie. Oh!  My other big complaint was that we got a shirtless Pine but only a tight-tee'd Hardy.  Uh, what?  That ain't right.

Anywhoodle, it was action-y, romantic and very funny.  Don't be scared off by cranky critics. 

For a review rooted in a bit more reality, check out what Tracy said over at the Examiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment