Friday, April 6, 2012

ROAD TRIP!!!

Yep, I'm getting out of town. I'm driving from the east coast to the west with my bestie, Dana.  What would have been awesome was if we could stop in Colorado to see Tracy but alas we aren't heading that far north. 

I had this idea of writing about all the best road trip movies like Thelma & Louise, Y Tu Mama, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  Plus I was going to get all deep and discuss the different between a simple road trip and a journey.  Sometimes what starts out as a road trip evolves (or devolves depending) into a journey of the spirit and mind.  What makes a journey a journey?  What about when there's a mission involved?  How about the times when you're supposed to be throwing the one ring into the fires of Mount Doom?

In all I will be in a train, an automobile, and a plane.  If I find a bus, boat, or hovercraft on my way you can be sure that I'll get on it somehow.  If you're interested I'm tracking my road trip (it's a road trip for me but a journey for Dana) on tumblr. I'll try and do some bloggy posts on here too from the road but that's only if I can pry Dana's laptop out of her hands.

In case you're wondering, our trip will be less like this: 

and a bit more like this:

I'm expecting lots of fun and laughs along the way. Be good and don't go see Titanic.

1 comment:

  1. Travel safe, my friend! Next time you do this, we must meet up!

    ReplyDelete