Saturday, October 27, 2012

Editorializing - crappy weekends


Periodically I have these times where I just want to stay in, curl up and read a book or watch some tv, maybe organize my recipe binders, and definitely eat lots of chocolate.  Actually, I’d have to say this kind of weekend probably comes around once a month.  This is one of those weekends.  I can typically try to avoid the chocolate part of the equation but as this is the weekend before Halloween there is candy everywhere.  It’s not my fault I shop early for holidays.  This just means I’ll have to replace it.  Oy.

I swing from mood to mood during this kind of weekend.  Sometimes I want action or horror.  I want to see lots of blood spilled and heads blown up or ripped off.  Then sometimes I want pure and unabashed romance.  I want to see bold declarations of love, both requited and unrequited. 

I’m feeling a bit nostalgic this weekend so maybe I’ll watch some old favorites to see if they stand the test of time.  Actually, whether movies hold up over time has been a post knocking around in my brain for a while.  This could be good research.  Hey, now I’m not being lazy or anti-social.  I’m being productive!

I’ve got it!  I’m gonna catch up on True Blood.  I’ve got season 4 and 5 to watch, which will probably get me through the whole weekend.  That’s perfect.  Lots of blood, not a lot of romance and I’m in a total hate-watching mood. I hear season 4 is perfect for hate-watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment